Thursday, July 13, 2023

Seize the Birthday #265


Hello Crafty Friends!  It's time for another Seize the Birthday challenge.  Colleen is our host this time around and she has chosen Circles as our Topping.  You may use a single circle or multiples in any method you choose.  I decided on a die cut circle background as the base for my design.  



My card was based upon one I saw on IG.  The creator was Angela Meiritz-Reid, aka stampingbeautynz.  Her blue card with white daisy die cuts really caught my eye.  



I began with two different shades of cornflower blue cardstocks.  I used the deeper color for the base and the lighter shade as the die cut panel.  I then die cut two additional pieces of the lighter blue and stacked them underneath to create a bit of dimension.  I die cut the florals from white and the darker blue cardstock and arranged them onto the card front.  I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut label using a coordinating color of dye ink, positioned it about midway and then finished it off with a generous amount of blue shaded pearls.  

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Stylish Oval Birthday Wishes stamp set
CC Designs - A2 Circle Cut & Stitch cover plate
Spellbinders - Die of the Month July 2018 (florals)
Pinkfresh Studio - Fancy Label die set

Our new Surprise Party Guest is Isabella, aka Izzy Scrap.   We are delighted to have her join us for the next two months!  I invite you to visit our blog for more circular inspiration from Izzy as well as our Design Team.  And as always, thanks so much for visiting me on my blog.

Jules

10 comments:

  1. Jules, thank you for coming up with a fabulous design using so many circles! I love your simple color choices and the daisies, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and great design. Love the pretty blue flowers with the white overlays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one gorgeous card! One of my favorites of yours for sure! I like your card more than the inspiration one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these shades of blue, so pretty with the white florals and peek a boo circles, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly agree with Nancy I like your card better than the inspiration one. I would think you'd have to really plan out your card with all of those circles that you cut out. Maybe it was very easy for you. Anyway your card is top notch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules, such a fun and pretty card. Love all the circle die cuts and then topped off with the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful blue and a clever design. Pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty two-tone design, Jules! Love the circle diecut background, goes well with the flowers but also looks really versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooooo pretty Jules! I love how you incorporated the circles. The white outline flowers are so striking and your pearls are a great detail (and more circles!)

    ReplyDelete