Saturday, July 1, 2023

Color Hues #67

 

Happy July crafty friends!  We are starting out the month with a new Color Hues challenge brought to you by Marcia.  I took advantage of the opportunity and incorporated her colors into a Father's Day card for hubby.  

 


Given that my red cardstock appears more cranberry than merlot in my photo, now is a good time to remind everyone that this is a hues challenge meaning there is flexibility in the color range.  Don't be afraid to have a bit of fun with it.

For my card...

I used an embossing folder to create the texture on the focal panel.  The die cut "Dad" was stacked four high for dimension and adhered over top of an embossed strip that was first stamped and then heat embossed in gold.  I added the gold pearls for accents and hope they didn't take away from the masculine vibe.  

Supplies:
Lil Inkers - Dad die
Avery Elle - Mom & Dad stamp set
Spellbinders - gold foil pearls
Altenew - Checkered Squares embossing folder

Our designers have created some fabulous inspiration pieces so I hope you'll visit the blog and join in on the fun. 

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

9 comments:

  1. That EF has so much depth and dimension! Awesome card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this card! The embossing folder is amazing and I love that die cut word which I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the depth the EF has given your card Jules, a fab card for any Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great design, Julie! I love the amazing embossed texture both in the background and the thin sentiment strip. Very clever and I hope you husband loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that embossing folder you used for the background Jules...it really made your bold "DAD" die cut stand out and I bet hubby loved the card!! Love the little touches of gold too! Thanks for making my color choices look SO good! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The masculine vibe is perfect! Your rich colors are wonderful and that deep texture in the EF puts this over the top! I love the bold sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bold design Jules and the embossed background is fantastic. I know this Father's Day was a tough one for both of us this year but like you I found comfort in making a card for my hubby. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Julie I didn't notice I was anonymous until I posted my comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at the fabulous embossed background and the stylized Dad die cut! Awesomeness...totally!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete