Thursday, June 8, 2023

Seize the Birthday #263

 

Barbara is our hostess on this round of Seize the Birthday challenges and she's chosen a wonderful Topping for birthdays.  I had so much fun creating my card.




Put Your Sentiment on a Banner!



I went digging (and I mean that literally) through my stash of really old Spellbinders dies because a brain tingle told me owned pennant/flag die sets from way back when.  Yeppers.  (And they must be at least twelve years old.)

I decided on a turquoise/coral/kraft color scheme alternating the flag banner colors.  I adhered die cut white letters to the flags and strung them across a white card panel with a bit of twine.  The Birthday sentiment was also created with die cuts, this time in black.  I stamped the sub-sentiment in coral and then added in some die cut flowers and clear droplets on the diagonal.  I felt that it needed a bit more black so I matted the panel with a very narrow black cardstock border before adhering it to the kraft card base.  I just love how it turned out and it was postal within days of completion.  

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Pennant dies (extremely old)
Spellbinders - Small Die of the Month 04/2018
MFT Stamps - Block Happy Birthday die
Tim Holtz - alpha dies (here in white)

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration where we have Bonnie and Denise as our Surprise Party Guests.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, our toppings are always optional but do remember to make it a birthday card.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

11 comments:

  1. I love your clean and simple car Jules. This is a perfect colorful banner to celebrate a birthday. I love the addition of dear friend on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules this is so striking, it is so clean and simple, yet so effective and gorgeous. I LOVE your banner and the added flowers in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super clean and crisp card! Excellent photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and well balanced card, Jules! I Love that you found this die in your stash, and remembered you had it from 12 years ago. I bought a MFT banner die two weeks ago and didn’t know I had one till today. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was me….Nancy! Stupid Blogger! I am on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super fun birthday card, Jules! I LOVE the coral and turquoise colors and how you've balanced the sentiment with the flowers! Awesome that you had it in the mail so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, love the colors you used for your fun banner. Really cute, card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you for remembering old stash, Jules, it made a very eye catching banner. Love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors on your card and the fun banner. Great card Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those banners - really glad you remembered them!! And the colors look great as well. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! Love your colour combo and the great banner. Fabulous CAS card.

    ReplyDelete