Friday, June 16, 2023

Color Hues #66

Karen is our host this Color Hues challenge and she's chosen the very summery color combination of Yellow and Green.  My foggy brain as of late went with the obvious theme of lemons, but with a twist.  (Catch that?  Ha!) 





My twist?  The stamp used on the underlayer is actually of oranges...which I colored as lemons.  And of course there are actual lemons over top and all were colored with Copics.  I layered the whole arrangement over top a panel of champagne colored textured cardstock which I then popped up onto the white card base.  To make things simple I used a reverse sentiment strip as my greeting.  Like I've mentioned several times, I may as well create belated birthday cards as those seem to be the only ones I seem to be able to send out.  *ugh* 

Supplies:
Reverse Confetti - Orange Blossom stamp and die set
Create a Smile - Fruit Salad stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Sentiment Strip
Tonic Studios - Seashell Sand textured cardstock
Honeybee Stamps - Wedding Ring Rhinestones

I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see lots of Yellow and Green inspiration from our DT.   Do come play along!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


12 comments:

  1. OH, you clever girl - life gave you oranges and you turned them into lemons and THEN made this gorgeousness! Very sweet for a late birthday card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a summery looking card Jules, I can hear the ice tinkling in a tall tumbler of lemonade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on being late to mail cards, Jules! Anyone who receives this beauty would not be disappointed! The lemons really pop with that soft textured background and the bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful arrangement of lemons (and oranges . . .)--such a clever arrangement! I think these lemons made a very happy card--and one that will be so appreciated late or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could have fooled me with the oranges Jules, but those lemons are mighty refreshing looking and your coloring fabulous!! And you are soooo not alone in sending out late birthday cards...I always start the year with the best intentions, but fail miserably every time! I just tell my recipients it's SURPRISE mail! Haha!! Wonderful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantabulous, Jules! I love your sense of humor, you always put a smile on my face. As for your underlayment of oranges, who knew!! The champagne colored background could not have been a better idea. Awesome, Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Jules. Your lemons are colored so beautifully and makes for a really fresh looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect summer card Jules! Plus whoever receives it won't mind its tardiness because it's so pretty! Fabulous idea to use the oranges underneath and that background couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just WOW! Love your use of the colors on this stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card. Love the colors and design. Those lemons look real.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You have a way with fruit!! (Me...not so much.... Not a green thumb on me) . lol....

    SO very lovely!!!

    The entire team really knocked it out of the park this challenge!!
    So INSPIRING!!!

    -love it
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lemons, oranges...whatever the case...your card is a zesty, fresh, citrus delight! Love this!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete