Thursday, May 25, 2023

Seize the Birthday #262

 

Time sure flies by quickly!  It's time once again for another Seize the Birthday challenge and this fortnight's topping is an interesting one.  Any guesses?









I'm really looking forward to seeing how you all interpret the Topping. I opted to incorporate some really vibrant colors to make the card front "pop" however Pop 
could be a balloon, a soda, an explosion card, etc.  

My card utilizes both some new alcohol inked pieces as well as scraps from previous projects.  I thought pyschedelic mushrooms would be fun and perhaps it's exactly why the birthday was forgotten.  LOL!  I felt like the card needed some sort of grounding so I die cut the partial circle from the panel but left it in for some interest.  I arranged and adhered the 'shrooms to the center, stamped the sentiment and then adhered the whole thing to a teal card base.  I think it turned out rather fun.

Supplies:
The Greetery - Toadstool Garden die set
MFT - Tucked in Turf die 
Riley & Co - RWD862 (sentiment stamp)
Ranger - alcohol inks

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, our toppings are always optional but do remember to make it a birthday card.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

11 comments:

  1. Jules, The mushrooms remind me of my mom as she was a huge fan and I used to draw them for her all the time when I was a kid, because they were easy. LOL. I love the alcohol grass also. Great card and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright, vivid colors! Very fun sentiment too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, this is a great take on this challenge. I think, having the mushrooms in bright colors of psychedelic mushrooms, and a very appropriate for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your psychedelic mushrooms really do pop off the page. Such pretty, vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the pop theme Jules, love the colourful mushrooms in the AI grass and the semicircle shape is perfect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, love these psychedelic mushrooms, Jules! Awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible! I love the psychedelic mushrooms - the colors are just super fun! As is the reason for the delayed card!! Awesome card, Jules and thank you for the additional ideas for the Topping as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, Jules, your psychedelic mushrooms are fantastic...they sure make everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heehee, so that’s what happens when you take magic mushrooms 🍄
    Love how colourful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colorful mushrooms, they do pop. The alcohol inked grass is a great touch too. Very nice card Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your psychedelic mushrooms - they are so gorgeous! Fabulous fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete