Saturday, May 27, 2023

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #235


It's time for another installment of Sisterhood Saturday and the prompt this fortnight brings back bittersweet memories of my dear friend Lindsey. If you're a fan of our challenge group you know that the selection of prompts are wide in range and not always everyone's cup of tea.  For me, today's prompt is one such example.






Isn't this graphic FABULOUS?


You may have already guessed that Steampunk is not in my repetoire.  I joked to the team that I would be "on vacation" when this prompt came due last year.  Well dear Lindsey came to the rescue with a little postal package of goodies to help me out.  We ended up shelving this prompt last summer in lieu of a challenge honoring Lindsey but I tucked my card away knowing that my evil Sisters would bring it back from the archives.  It turned out to be a very smart move on my part.   

Here is the inside of my card....



And if you haven't already guessed, my choice of sentiment mimicks my thoughts on Steampunk.  ROFL!

I began with a piece of really old pattern paper to which I stamped the big black splatter type image.  Lindsey sent me a nice selection of white die cut gears which apparently are Steampunk material.  LOL!  I heat embossed the gears with several coats of metallic embossing powders to give them a nice smooth finish.  I didn't have a suitable Steampunk sentiment so I created my own using individual alpha stamps.  Once finished I heat embossed the sentiment strips with clear embossing powder to coordinate with the finish on the gears.  

This card is most definitely outside my wheelhouse but it's good to branch out a bit.  I think I'll display it alongside the collection of cards that Lindsey sent me over the years.  I truly miss you dear friend but your legacy lives on.

Supplies:
Taylored Expressions - You're In My Heart Stamp
Honeybee Stamps - Sentimental Alphabet stamp set
Basic Grey - really, really old 6x6 paper pack
Gear die cuts - gift from our dear Lindsey

If Steampunk "ain't your thang" I encourage you to follow my lead and give it a whirl.  That said, I'm definitely going to be on vacation should this prompt ever re-surface it's ugly head.  *wink*  Our thanks to Fran for Queening with us.

Come play along with our gallery and, as always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

2 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Especially that inside sentiment lol
    As much as you may dread it - you rocked it!
    And a beautiful ode to Lindsey - she was always so lovely and kind and thoughful...miss her so much

    ReplyDelete