Thursday, May 11, 2023

Seize the Birthday #261

 

As host of the new Seize the Birthday challenge I get the opportunity to choose the prompt.  I was in need of a young boy's birthday card so I designed this one in my head and chose a prompt that would fit.  Reverse Engineering for the Win!




Keep in mind however that any wheel will work 
and our DT has come up with some very interesting designs
 that don't involve construction equipment. *wink*


My design process is pretty straight forward.  I die cut the images from colored cardstock and arranged them in the approximate center of my panel, stamping the sentiment just below.  I matted the white panel with yellow before adhering it to a black card base.  Super simple and perfect for any birthday occasion, especially for construction crazy little boys.  

Supplies:
Pretty Pink Posh - Everyday Greetings
Memory Box - Dump Truck die
Lawn Fawn - Simple Road die set

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, our toppings are always optional but do remember to make it a birthday card.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

12 comments:

  1. Jules, I say when you can "kill two birds with one stone, go for it!" I love your challenge and I love that you made an awesome card for a little boy too! That is a win win in my book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules you nailed this one a perfect little boys card. I love the dump truck as I know my son loved when he was a 'little' boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great challenge and a perfect use of wheels, Jules! Some little boy (or big boy) is going to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been looking for a tractor die cut. Thanks for listing who made this very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card for a little boy. How they love trucks. Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card just shouts out for a young boy’s birthday card. Great job and great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun and cute card - perfect for a young boy, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love the dump truck and the road die, great card for a little digger fan, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and I love the way you did the road! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to get it done, Jules! I love that little die cut excavator - really pops out with the bright yellow. I'm sure the receiver loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card for a little boy, Jules! I like where you placed the sentiment - gives lots of open space above.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute! I love the bold colours and great scene. Great little boy card. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete