Monday, May 1, 2023

Color Hues #63

 

It's the first of May (already!) and the Color Hues team has a new color duo up on the blog and it's perfect for spring/summer.




Isn't this a fun pick from Hannelie?

I had some new goodies from Simply Graphic that dictated the theme of my card.  I die cut the sunbathing beauty from white cardstock and colored her in with Copics.  The raft was die cut from designer paper.  I used a background die to create the waves which I then paper pieced with a cyan shade closer to green than blue.  I stamped the sentiment with a crisp black pigment ink and added some white polka dots to her hat.  This card could work for several occasions but I do think I'll use it as a birthday card.  

Supplies:
Simply Graphic - dies SGD442
Simply Graphic - designer paper Arcachon collection
MFT - Mini Messages and More stamp set
Ellen Hutson - Pattern Die Combo 

I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see lots of Hot Pink and Cyan inspiration from our DT.  I do hope to see your card in our gallery!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


10 comments:

  1. This is so cute and perfectly CAS. Love the way you did the water element, Jules! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with these Simply Graphic dies! Love that sentiment and your card design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FABULOUS card Jules! The colors worked so perfectly for your bathing beauty and her beach towel...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her polka dot hat and the fun waves behind her! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your use of these dies...the waves are so creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me feel warm and relaxed, just seeing it. Love how you combined these elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks a cool way to spend a day, raining and grey here today! A great use of those hot colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules you nailed it this challenge. I think this is so much fun and super creative! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun Jules! I love that gal just hanging on her water mat in your fab CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apologies for commenting late...again. I need to someone to organize me.
    Only one response to your Simply Graphic: perfection! You've nailed the colours in an eye-catching, fashionable, CAS way. LOVE this!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete