Thursday, April 27, 2023

Seize the Birthday #260

 

It's time once again to Seize the Birthday!!!  Our new (optional) topping is perfect for birthday celebrations.  






I always love seeing balloons tied to mailboxes in my neighborhood because it means someone is celebrating something good in their lives.  I tried to recreate that feeling in my card.

I usually start with white die cuts but today wasn't a day I felt like coloring so I chose colored cardstocks and opted out of any shading.  (I think I "got away" with it this time.)  I did some blending in the bottom right corner to ground my assembled image and I think it added just the right amount of additional interest.  I opted for a heart shaped balloon since the (mixed manufacturer) sentiment is of love themed in nature.  

Supplies:
MFT - Mailbox die
MFT - Heart Balloon die
The Greetery - PreText Sentiment stamp set
Honeybee Stamps - Thanks a Bunch stamp set

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, our toppings are always optional but do remember to make it a birthday card.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

14 comments:

  1. This is such a clever card. I love the idea of balloons on mailboxes, although we don't have mailboxes like that in the UK, they would make a special day feel more special. Your ink blending in the corner is the perfect finishing touch. I have enjoyed being your surprise party guest for March and April so thanks very much for having me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute heart balloon with the mailbox and the perfect sentiment. Great card Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this card!!! It's so super sweet and I love how it was inspired by the balloons you see tied to mailboxes in your neighborhood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A creative idea that makes a super sweet card. Excellent shading for the mailbox and that heart balloon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful and now I feel I need a mailbox die-cut! Your work is done. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and beautifully done! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, Jules, I too think I might need a mailbox die...I love your shading too and the colored paper totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the idea of a balloon on a mailbox - I've never seen that Down Under! Love that MFT die as well - so sweet with the letter in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving this card, Jules! I had a smile on my face as soon as I saw that balloon, even before I started reading your post. I also love that partial color blending there, that looks so fresh and so beautiful! And you've completely aced the colored cardstock die cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Jules, it's a fair distance between mailboxes where I live but I reckon I just might tie a balloon to mine next birthday lol! Forgot to say that the shading in the corner is perfect, love the colours too! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jules, your pretty red balloon is too cute flying around your mailbox. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love absolutely everything about this - the dies, the colours, the layout, everything. I love getting mail and those mail boxes are so cool. This is a perfect card - thank you!

    ReplyDelete