Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Color Hues #59

 

Happy March 1st everyone!  It's time for a new color combination from the team over at the Color Hues Challenge Blog.  Our current color duo was chosen by Carol who is our host this fortnight and she's chosen a combination that's perfect for St. Patrick's Day cards.  I don't usually cards for this occasion so I went with a generic spring theme.



I thought the Hey Girl sentiment would work for just about any occasion/event, including birthday and thinking of you. 





I began with the embossed white background and the die cut greenery which I adhered to the bottom of the card panel.  The gold butterfly is adhered with a bit of gold thread underneath and the die cut sentiment was adhered just above the stem line.  Lots of wonderful white space but yet just enough texture to keep it from being too boring.  

Supplies:
Penny Black - Garden Edges die
Cottage Cutz - Garden Stems die
Simon Says Stamp - Blossom Field embossing folder
Crafters Companion - butterfly die
Honeybee Stamps - Gal Pal stamp and die


I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see lots of Green and Gold inspiration from our DT as well as our special guests.  I do hope to see your card in our gallery!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

8 comments:

  1. Love the embossed background to your card Jules, another one to put on my wish list! This challenge is starting to challenge my bank account!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect Spring card, Jules! Love the sentiment and that Embossing Folder. Hope you have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a perfect Spring card Julie and I'm loving the CAS look that really isn't so simple at all! I love the embossed background and all your delicate die cut greenery at the bottom...and your hey girl sentiment adds a bit of whimsey to this card too! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the detailed embossing and your sweet florals scream spring! A beautifully executed design, and the white space makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you put the florals and sentiment at the bottom and let that gorgeous embossing folder shine! That is one great sentiment, and very versatile for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Girl...this is one fabulous card, with the pretty embossing drawing our eye to the greenery and sweet butterfly. Love the design!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ef is one of my favorites and you've used it perfectly to create your spring CAS card. You're right, that sentiment is wonderful for a number of occasions and who wouldn't love to receive this beautiful card? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely design Jules! I love the pretty greenery and that gold butterfly is the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete