Thursday, February 23, 2023

Seize the Birthday #256

 
The Seize the Birthday gang is back with another Topping to challenge your creative juices.  Any guesses as to JoAnn's prompt based on my card?




If you guessed a color challenge, you would be correct.  





I went with a Red/White/Kraft color palette.


I chose to create a birthday card using a red cardinal on a white/kraft birdhouse. I created some texture on the white house with the use of an embossing folder.  Each assembled piece is three die cuts thick to give it some sturdiness.  I added a strip of kraft cardstock to the lower section of a white card base to give it some added weight to the stamped sentiment.  The tiny white strip was adhered for additional interest.   I just love this color combo!

Supplies:
MFT - Birdhouse Card kit
Memory Box - Signature Greetings stamp set
Fun Stampers Journey - Tiny Dots embossing folder

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, our toppings are always optional but do remember to make it a birthday card.  


As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


13 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, Jules. Kraft is the perfect 3rd color, and you have used it perfectly. Love that little birdie and its dotted house. Thanks for a great run at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your polka dot bird house is adorable and I like the pop of red from the little bird! Sweet card, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, this is so adorable and looks so fresh. Perfect card with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color combo too and will have to remember it! Kraft goes so well with so many colors. I am also smitten with your bird and bird house! Delightful card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great trio of colors and one of my favorite! Your card is sheer perfection and so clean! I adore this, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cute red cardinal with this white & kraft birdhouse. Great card with these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet design Jules, love the kraft with red and white, perfect layering too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color choices on this card. So clean and crisp but still has lots of texture. Just very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the added kraft - always a fabulous combo~ Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my all time favourite colour combos! This is so lovely - great choice of dies & textures. The red cardinal just pops on this clean and crisp card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this colour combo Jules - what a cute die set and the added texture on the bird house is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very classy colour combo, Jules! And classy card, too! Nice touch adding texture to the birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet combo and such a sweet card! That birdie looks just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete