Saturday, February 4, 2023

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #227

 

It's time for another Saturday at the Snarky Sisterhood where we love to create offbeat cards for that special someone.    Today's prompt is one that can be interpreted in many ways which always makes cruising the gallery so much fun. The prompt is pretty easy to guess from my card.




Yep.  Vintage.  

I almost went with a record but in the end decided on the rotary phone.  


The background of my card was cut from a piece of patterned paper.  The phone was stamped, colored with Copics and then finished with a coat of clear glaze which is definitely not showing up in my photo.  I did a double die cut from two hexagonal dies in order to get the gold frame over top.  The tiny stars were cut from the same gold cardstock.  Finally the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto black cardstock and die cut to give it the flagged ends.  

Supplies:
Claudine Helmuth - really old stamp set (rotary phone)
MFT - Just My Type stamp set (sentiment)
Spellbinders - hexagonal dies
Honeybee Stamps - patterned paper
Tonic - Nuvo Glaze


We're looking forward to your interpretation of Vintage in our gallery. Snark is appreciated but not mandatory.  Come play along!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules



2 comments:

  1. I love this card, Jules! It doesn't seem that long since we all had phones like that, does it. Fabby colours and super stylish work, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do dig a rotary phone.
    It's giving me 70's childhood flashbacks :)
    My parents still have one in their basement...THAT THEY USE!!!!
    LOL
    They are the cutest (my parents, not the phone)
    Their whole bathroom suite used to be the trendy advocado green of your phone :)

    ReplyDelete