Thursday, February 9, 2023

Seize the Birthday #255

 

Happy Thursday everyone!  It's time once again for a new challenge topping over at the Seize the Birthday blog.  Glenda has chosen a very unique prompt and I can 99.99% guarantee that you will never guess it in a million years.  



I wouldn't have gotten it either and it requires a bit of explanation.





We want you to choose supplies and/or themes based upon your initials.  Some of us chose just one initial.  Others used three.  I used two.  My first and last initials are JP so voila....I present you with a JAR of PICKLES!!!!!!

I began with stamping and Copic coloring my pickles.  The image didn't include the pickle bumps which I thought were essential so I drew them in afterward.  To create my sentiment I had to do some tricky masking of stamp phrases.  The texture on the card panel was achieved with a 3D embossing folder.  I then adhered the image to the center and used a frame die for the mat overlay.  I'm not sure who will receive this one yet but I think it's rather cute.

Supplies:
The Sweet Stamp Shop - Big Dill stamp set
MFT - Stitched Rectangle die set
Simon Says Stamps - Crystal Distortion embossing folder
Avery Elle - Celebration stamp set 

I'm so happy I finally dusted off this virgin Big Dill stamp set and am adding my card to Darnell's NBUS challenge.  Virgin no more.   

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, our toppings are always optional but do remember to make it a birthday card.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

  


12 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely Dill-ightful, Jules. Best use of your initials EVER. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, great use of your initials. This card is so adorable and so full of great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sense of humor as you always make me smile. This card is fantastic and yes I love pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is super cute and you should have used it before, but glad that you did for this challenge. What a great take on the initials. I was wowed by your card and the way that you wrote your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally made me smile with that fun sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fun card, I totally over looked the P for pickles (brain is in slow motion today!) and thought of pun, which I guess also works! Anyway, such a cute card. Thanks for having me as your party guest for this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, is it a dill? I could go for that! I think this is the most clever of all our cards, a Jar of Pickles for JP...it is amazing and awesome and just perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pun card Jules! Love your choices for your initials, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice that you polished off your pickles and put some ink on them, Jules! And it's a very, very clever use of your initials for this dilly of a design! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha ha!! Ohh, that's one really great card! I am completely amazed by the use of your initials! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, you’re right, I didn’t guess! I was thinking jalapeños? Joke? Never got to P. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable and clever! Your pickles are absolutely PERFECT! Even though I'm not a lover of pickles this puts a huge smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete