Saturday, January 7, 2023

JUGS #661 - January Guest Designer

 

I was thrilled to be invited as the January Guest Designer for the Just Us Girls challenge blog.  As a member of several Design Teams myself it's often difficult to fit in the time to play along with other challenges but this is one of my top go-tos when my time does allow.  Love these ladies and their challenges!

This week's prompt is a color challenge.  I'm sure you can probably guess it from my card below...








I die cut my images from white cardstock and then blended the bird and flowers with Distress Oxides.  I decided on their position on my kraft panel and then stamped the sentiment in a crisp black pigment ink.  The panel was then adhered to a heavy weight white card base.  I wanted to keep this encouragment card simple so I resisted the urge to add clear droplets.  

Supplies:
Cottage Cutz - Bluebird die set
Reverse Confetti - Sentimental Sayings stamp set

I invite you to visit this week's blog post and hope you'll join in on the fun.  Thanks so much to the JUGS team for the invite!  I'll be back next week with another Guest DT post.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

12 comments:

  1. love the kraft background - it really makes the colours pop! gorgeous card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to JUGS for the month of January. Great use of the colors I love bird cards this is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules... so glad you could join JUGS this month! Such a great way for us to start the new year. Love your first card. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! So excited you are our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jules! Such a darling bird in the prettiest blues!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have you guesting with us this month,Jules! Your little bluebird is cute. This is a delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are joining us here at JUGS this month! I love your darling little bluebird sitting on the branch and the kraft background makes a perfect backdrop. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you love playing in our challenge and accepted the invite to guest design, Jules. I love birds and your little bluebird is so pretty perching on the flowering branch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was tickled to find out you were going to be out guest, Jules! Your bluebird is darling as can be and looks wonderful on kraft! I think that sentiment is a good reminder for me right about now! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So thrilled that you're our guest this month - and talk about a fabulous debut! Yes, we're well aware of my bird terror BUT your pretty feathered friend is absolutely darling and perfect for the sentiment. Kraft...I appear to be having a 'thing' for that right now!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to JUGS Jules. Looking forward to seeing your creativeness as our Guest this month and your cute bird card beautiful in blues. Love it highlighted with the kraft background and what a fabulous sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to JUGs for January! We are so happy to have you joining us. Your card is so pretty. I love how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete