Sunday, January 1, 2023

A Very Special Color Hues #55


The year 2022 brought many personal losses so I'm not sad to see it in my rearview window.  I do have high hopes for 2023 so I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! 

To begin this brand new year on a positive note, I am now a member of the Color Hues Design Team.  I LOVE this challenge and have played along frequently so to be able to be on the team makes me very happy.  Today I bring you my first DT card.  Can you guess the color duo?






I ask you....how could I NOT make a flamingo?  :-)


I began by die cutting my spirit animal in pink cardstock.  I lightly edged the flamingo with ink while also making the wing just a tad darker in shade.  I used two dies to create the arch and an embossing folder to create the texture.  The gold peeking from behind is a matte gold cardstock which I also used in the sentiment banner which was heat embossed in white.  Overall it's a very simple card because I think the sentiment says it all. 

Supplies:
MFT - Flamingo die
Simon Says Stamp - Lumen embossing folder
Simon Says Stamp - Simply Thank You stamp set
Pinkfresh Studio - Braided Tag die set

I'm excited for the crafty year ahead and invite you to join us over at the blog.  I hope to see your card in our gallery!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

11 comments:

  1. Welcome to the DT, Jules! We're so excited to have you join us! 2022 turned out to be a year of loss for so many people; I hope the New Year brings peace and joy to you and your family. I love your card--the arched embossed background with gold accents is just beautiful and a perfect backdrop for your spirit animal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and welcome to the team! This is such an elegant design, subtle and understated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, Welcome Jules! We are lucky to have you joining us! As for your darling card…I love that MFT Flamingo and I think you chose a very creative way of showcasing him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, I'm so happy we are new teammates together! Your card couldn't be cuter with that fabulous flamingo and the pretty arched design! Here's to a great 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS and an absolutely perfect debut card Jules...you've used the pink and gold beautifully!! So happy to be joining you in this new venture!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year - and may you be blessed with an abundance of peace, joy and love throughout 2023. So happy you're on the team - and talk about a fabulous debut with your pretty pink spirit flamingo surrounded by touches of gold. Classy!
    hugs,
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jules, I am so happy to welcome you to the team! Playing with Color Hues is so much fun, and I really look forward to sharing it with you! Your card is lovely and the flamingo is perfectly decked out with the embossing and gold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations are in order AGAIN! You are going to be extremely busy and loving every moment of it, I'm sure!
    Love your premiere DT card - and your spirit animal lol!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the new year holds many happy moments to remember Julie! So happy to have you in the team and kicking it off with this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect choice for a pink and gold challenge, Jules! And with the arched design, you have made this an elegant flamingo card! I'm sorry to hear that last year was so tough for you. Cheers to you for a wonderful happy year ahead and for being appointed to this fun challenge DT! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie and welcome to the Color Hues Team. I was so excited when Nancy told me you were joining us. Love love love the combo that you chose for the first challenge of 2023! your card is so perfect with the flamingo so sweet an elegant at the same time. Wonderful first post!

    ReplyDelete