Monday, January 16, 2023

Color Hues #56


It seems that this is the time of year for pinks and reds so it is fitting that Sheri chose this color duo for our newest Color Hues challenge.  I wanted to create something other than a Valentine themed card.  This is what transpired with some "new to me" products I had sitting out on my desk.








While this is still a fairly simple card there are a few creative touches that aren't showing up well in my photo.  You can easily see the ombre' ink blended background however the subtle glimmer of Perfect Pearls isn't really showing through.  The leaves were die cut from a cover die but you need to look closely to see that I dry embossed the panel prior to adhering it to the background.  The sentiment background is the same red I used in the panel.  The sentiment itself was heat embossed in white with stacked layers in red below it.  I added some shimmery pearls to finish off the card.

Supplies:
Hero Arts - Leaves and Vines Fancy die
Honeybee Stamps - Thanks a Bunch stamp & die set
Simon Says Stamp - Crystal Dimension 3D embossing folder
Ranger Perfect Pearls in the color perfect pearls
Distress Oxide inks
Trinity Stamps - Something New pearl embellishments



Since I used some new to me products I'm also adding this to the current Inkspirational challenge





I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see lots of pink and red inspiration from our DT as well as our special guests.  I do hope to see your card in our gallery!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


13 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Jules!! I love the blended pink and red, and I'm sure the shimmer from the perfect pearls is fabulous in real life! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've embossed the plate die cut Jules, adds just that little extra. It looks fab against your blended background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ombre inked background is fabulous! Very pretty card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, Great direction and awesome finished product! Love that cover-plate and embossing it was genius. I can only imagine how shimmery this is in real life! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet that shimmer is gorgeous, it's always so tricky to capture in a photo. Love the embossing and your ombre - fab card Jules!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous background you did!! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous card! I love the embossed coverplate, and that's a technique I need to try. I can just imagine how beautiful all the shimmer is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that pretty embossing! What a special card, love the shimmery pearls and beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmyword! This is ever so pretty! Love everything! And...since some new products made their debut, how about sharing this beauty over at Inkspirational! I'd love to see you in the gallery....
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie this is fabulous, the embossed cover plate is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie I love that your card is not a Valentine card! The embossed cover plate is lovely. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So thrilled to see your beautiful card in the INK gallery! Thank you for joining us (and yes...I'll continue to remind you to join us!).
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty in the red and pink Julie! love the texture added with your embossed background panel! and a lovely affirming sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete