Saturday, January 21, 2023

Just Us Girls #663

 

Happy Saturday everyone!  I'm back with the first of two posts today.  My card shown below was created for my Guest DT gig over at the Just Us Girls challenge blog.  It's a mood/photo board challenge which opens up lots of possibilities.  





Um...coffee?  Yes, please! 


This was a rather labor intensive card so while I had out all of the supplies I created a two-fer.


This second version was sent to one of my coffee buddies who has recently moved away.  She loved it as I knew she would.  

I'm not going to go into a step by step tutorial as I think it's easy to see that I did a lot of die cutting and glueing.  I liken it to paper dolls which many of you know I always loved.  Some of the elements (all from MFT) were die cut from colored cardstock however most were cut from white and blended with inks.  I love the dimension it gives simple elements.

I hope you'll join in on the fun.  I'd love to see your takes on the mood board in the JUGS gallery.

Supplies:
All from MFT Stamps

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

9 comments:

  1. What a darling coffee shops you created, Jules. I shy away from all those little die cuts so it amazes me when you make such detailed scenes like the two you have today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules... again thank you so much for being with us this month! Your cards(!) are amazing. I know these pieced works are a labor of love but the end result is fabulous! Send to a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both versions of your coffee scenes! I love all of the details and your ink blending, giving so much depth. So much love and patience went into these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute coffee house! I would go there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I would sit in that pretty little coffee shop! Lots of pieces put together perfectly. Two delightful card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! fabulous cards, Jules. Enjoy your GDT gig, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are incredible, Jules! I am in love with them both. Kudos my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure nailed this challenge Jules. Both cards have so much detail. Love to share a coffee with your there. bet they were so muchf un to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two awe-mazing coffee themed cards. I know how much time these take to create (I only have the furniture set...enough for me for now!), but so worth it when you know it will be loved by the recipients. That first one: let's pretend that's you and I meeting for a brew! Love these!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete