Saturday, January 14, 2023

Just Us Girls #662


Today I'm sharing my second Guest DT card for the Just Us Girls challenge blog.  The theme for this week is Heart.   



Look at me getting all fancy-like making a shaker window.  *wink*



The first step to creating this card was to die cut a circle opening into the center of a white cardstock panel.  I then stamped the sentiment below the opening before proceeding with the shaker elements.  

I die cut an open ring from red cardstock which I placed around the opening as a border.  Hidden behind the pink die cut is an MFT circle shaker bubble.  For me, this is the easiest way to make a shaker card.  I placed some shaker bits into the plastic bubble before adhering the panel onto the card base and then glued the pink die cut over top.  I'm not sure my instructions are all that clear so if you have any questions, please ask.  

Supplies:
Honeybee Stamps - Gal Pal stamp set
MFT Stamps - Oceanview Porthole die
MFT Stamps - Pinpoint Heart Circle die
MFT Stamps - Circle Shaker Bubble insert

I'm delighted to be part of this wonderful blog this month. There are some wonderful examples from the DT and I invite you to come take a peek and share your Heart Themed card in the gallery.

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


8 comments:

  1. Love your shaker and am thinking you are a genius for how you make it! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that tiny little shaker opening, Jules! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore this fun shaker card! That center die is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shaker, Jules! I wish I had that greeting in my arsenal, but sadly I do not. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shaker! I love that die with the heart in the center and that sentiment is fabulous. Like Nancy, I wish I had that in my collection, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Galentine card is both cute and classy! And yes....shaker fanciness for sure!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply spectacular shaker card Jules. Such a simple design but so eye catching. Love the mix of colours. You wowed us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some of those shaker bubbles that I have yet to use, Jules. I love that heart circle die.

    ReplyDelete