Thursday, October 27, 2022

Seize the Birthday #250


The Seize the Birthday challenge team is finishing off the month of October with a color challenge.  More specifically, a Halloween color challenge.  I opted for the traditional orange and black, even including a pumpkin in my birthday design.




 




My card went together really easily.  After die cutting the pumpkin and leaves from colored cardstocks I edged them a bit with Distress Oxide ink. The black background was created with the use of a plaid embossing folder.  I stamped the sentiment to a slim tag and tied it up with purple twine.  A few gems finished it off.  

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Large Die of the Month  Oct 2019
Spellbinders - Swallowtail Tag dies
Fun Stampers Journey - Pretty Plaid embossing folder
Clearly Besotted - Tiny Type stamp set


I invite you to visit our blog for more holiday inspiration.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, or toppings are always optional but remember to make it a birthday card.

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

8 comments:

  1. Awesome CAS card in these colours, love the embossing and I forgot about pumpkins and halloween! (Not really celebrated here but it's perfect) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those die cuts pop against the textured back panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that plaid embossing folder in black! A great way to make that pumpkin stand out and it is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for the topping, Jules. I think the black was a good substitute for the Purple that you adore. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pumpkin collage in the corner of your embossed background. Looks great on the black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did have orange and black in my mind initially, but then changed my mind to use the other colors. I love the look of this card - the embossed black looks gorgeous, and the pumpkins are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a wonderful collection of embossing folders, and I love the embossed background on this card, reminds me of wainscotting. Love the pretty pumpkin too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Fabulous colours and textures. Love it.

    ReplyDelete