Saturday, September 3, 2022

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #217

 

It's Sisterhood Saturday once again and this fortnight we are looking for snarky birthday cards.  This would have been the perfect opportunity to goad someone about their age however I took a more subtle approach to my snark.



(Like any of us needs a birthday excuse to day drink.  C'mon.  LOL!)




I actually won this fabulous set of supplies from a recent Instagram giveaway.  It was a real boost for me after having such a crappy time lately.  This card was very fun to make and I am appreciative of our generous crafting industry.

I began with die cutting the elements in white cardstock.  Rather than do my traditional method of Copic coloring each piece I decided to try ink blending.  Wow.  So easy!  I used Distress Oxides to blend out each element, adding in some gold heat embossing and glitter glue for the bracelets.  The background was also created by ink blending the Oxides onto a panel of white cardstock.  I added some water droplets and gold shimmer splatters for some interest.  After it was completely dry I stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.  Then it was just a matter of arranging the scene to my liking.

Supplies:
MFT Stamps - Raise a Glass sentiment stamps
MFT Stamps - In Good Hands die set
Distress Oxides

I invite you to visit our blog for more snarky birthday inspiration and hope to see your card in our gallery! 

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


2 comments:

  1. Completely love this card! So glad you won the giveaway - a much needed plus! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in favour of day drinking...hands up (me me me)
    This is awesome! Love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete