Thursday, September 1, 2022

A Special Seize the Birthday #246


We have a special Seize the Birthday challenge for you all as today we are collaborating with our sister challenge over at the Color Hues blog.  Color Hues is turning two so we're planning a big party by combining our two challenges.  





For our (optional) topping we are using their new color duo of Navy and Lime Green.


If you choose to use our topping be sure to link it up over at Color Hues as well.  Each challenge will be selecting their own set of winners so you double your chances when you link to both.  (Just don't forget to make it a birthday card!) 

___________

I began my card by first choosing a few shades of navy and lime green cardstock scraps from my stash.  (It's difficult to tell by the photo but I used two blues and two greens to create my rainbow.)  After die cutting my navy and lime elements I then die cut the rainbow into a panel of white cardstock which was previously scored with a cover plate die.  I then proceeded to do a die cut inlay technique, piecing the rainbows in like a puzzle.  I needed a spot for my sentiment so I decided to create a curved bottom to my panel using navy cardstock with a green border.  The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed in white.  The inside of my card has a Happy Birthday sentiment stamped in navy ink.  

Supplies:
Erin Lee Creative - rainbow die
Avery Elle - Inside Birthday Greetings stamp set
Altenew - Dotty Swirls cover plate
HoneyBee Stamps - white gem stickers

We invite you to visit both blogs for tons of colorful inspiration and hope you'll link your project to both galleries!  While there show some love for our new Guest Designer Asa Johansson.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules


Enjoy this post?  Follow Me!






10 comments:

  1. This is striking and so good looking. A splendid card for a masculine recipent. I love the modern look, it is so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun "rainbows" in the colors! This card turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are nailing the retro vibe, Jules! I adore this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how funky this card looks! Two color shades are so subtle and they look great! Fun card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun rainbow group, Jules, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue and green rainbow, awesome sentiment too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie these lime green and navy rainbows are amazing!! Love love love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet to see these pretty rainbows! With the curved border they almost seem like hills. Wonderful card, Julie, I love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so so cool! I love your random and fun rainbows. They go perfectly with the textured background and I love the wavy separation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to have you joining our birthday celebrations with this beautiful card Julie !

    ReplyDelete