Monday, August 15, 2022

Happy Dance...Literally - Dancin' Ghost from Spellbinders

 

Imagine my surprise to discover an email from Spellbinders earlier this summer asking me if I'd like to play along with a few pre-release die sets.  Let's just say that my response was a very quick "Yes!"  Not only am I honored at the opportunity but also honored that my little crafty creations caught someone's eye.  In the midst of a very sad summer this was definitely a boost for me. 

Today I'm sharing two cards created using dies from the Spellbinders Boo Dance Party Collection which was released yesterday.  This die set, Dancin' Ghost, was totally calling out my name.  

The Dancin' Ghost set includes a ghost with detached swinging legs, a pumpkin bucket, a paper sack, candy and a sentiment.  My card below was created with the ghost and pumpkin bucket. 



I was looking to create a whimsical Halloween card so I chose some bright dye inks, created my own stencil from a transparency and went to work with some ink blending.  The ghost was die cut from white cardstock, the eyes from black and the legs from a combination of teal and white.  The legs are a separate die made with an open circle at the top so that, when adhered with a plastic stacker, they swing freely when the card is tilted.  The jack-o-lantern candy bucket was die cut from orange and black cardstocks.  The speech bubble stamp is from an older discontinued Ellen Hutson as is the sentiment stamp which was heat embossed in white.  I adhered the ghost with foam tape and popped up the card panel using piece of very thin fun foam.  I really love the playful feel to this "not so spooky" card.



My second card is a horizontal slimline and features the ghost in triplicate along with additional Spellbinder dies from my stash.  It most definitely has the traditional spooky Halloween vibe to it.





I began this card with the background.  I used several Distress Oxide inks to blend out the night time sky, adding in splatters of white and black ink.  The sidewalk is merely a strip of gray cardstock that I manually scored to create a bit of texture.  

All die cutting for this card was done with white cardstock which I colored with Copic markers.  The paper bags, jack-o-lantern and BOO dies are included in the Dancin' Ghost set.  The door is from an older Spellbinders Die of the Month kit as is the arm you see poking out from behind the door.  I thought together this made for a fun scene.  

I hope you enjoy today's creations.  I'm including links to the currently available supplies below. (These will be replaced with affliate links soon.)


Door - Always Welcome (Die of the Month Oct. 2020)
Arm - First Crush (Die of the Month Jan. 2019)  


Please visit back tomorrow for another card share which uses another new set called Dancin' Mummy.

My thanks to Yana and Spellbinders for the wonderful opportunity to play with these cute die sets.

And, as always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment