Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Happy Dance Day 2 - Spellbinders Dancin' Mummy

 

As promised, I'm back today with another card creation made with a brand new die set from Spellbinders.  Today's card features Dancin' Mummy from their Boo Dance Party Collection which was released on August 14th.  (If you missed my Dancin' Ghost cards you can find my post here.)





As with Dancin' Ghost, this cute mummy has detached legs which are designed to produce a swinging motion when the card is tilted.  Spellbinders has released a set of sentiment stamps that coordinate with their Dancin' line of dies but alas, I don't currently own them.  I opted for a punny greeting of my own that I think gives this card a bit more versatility.  

I began by die cutting his rags/bandages from a pale gray cardstock which I grunged up with some Distress Oxide.  The body/eyes were cut from from a pale blush and black cardstock, respectively.  I adhered the bandages to his body/legs with liquid glue and then set about to create my background.  

I used an embossing folder from Fun Stampers Journey to create a 3D cloud texture onto a panel of black cardstock.  To accentuate the clouds I added a soft blend of white pigment ink over top.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink using individual alpha stamps and then heat embossed it in white.  I adhered the mummy's body to my background using a plastic disk behind the legs so that they could swing freely.  Before adhering the panel to my card base I matted it with a narrow border of gray cardstock.  

I hope you enjoy today's creation.  I'm including links to the supplies below. (These will be replaced with affliate links soon.)




Head in the Clouds embossing folder (I used a discontinued one from Fun Stampers Journey however this one will work just as well.)



My thanks to Yana and Spellbinders for the wonderful opportunity to play with these cute die sets.  I hope I've inspired you to check out their newest releases which include Christmas themed sets as well.


And, as always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules








No comments:

Post a Comment