Friday, April 8, 2022

Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - April 2022

 

The new challenges continue at the Happy Little Stampers blog.  Today starts a new round of Anything Goes with Dies.  I had so much fun with my die cutting that I'm bringing you two cards today.  


Card one uses the positivie pieces of a large die...





While card two uses the leftover negative background.





I began by ink blending a panel with three shades of Distress Oxides.  (Picked Raspberry, Aged Mohagany and Ground Espresso)  The large sentiment was die cut from the panel (a single die gets you all of the sentiment) leaving me with colorful letters to position on a white card panel as well as the negative space die cut from the blended panel.  (Hopefully that makes sense.)  I stamped, colored and die cut the bears, a balloon bear for card one and a cupcake bear for card two.  After that, card one was just a matter of assembly.

I ran the die through my cutter once again with white cardstock to get some additional letters for a second card. To give the white letters a bit more "oomph" I masked them off so as to add a bit of rose gold embossing to the lower sections before inlaying them into the blended background panel.  I opted for a trio of clear droplets to finish this one off.

I hope you'll stop by our blog for more inspiration.  Better yet!  Come join us in the gallery.  

Thank you so much for spending a bit of your day with me.

Jules


3 comments:

  1. Love this. Super idea to have the sentiment as the big background and the cute little focal image. C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two bold,dynamic cards with great use of the dies,I just adore that little bear in the centre and the colours on both are fantastic.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cards Jules!! I've always loved those sweet little bears and the big bold die cuts!!! Great colour choices! So eye-catching! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete