Saturday, March 19, 2022

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #206

 

We have some exciting news to share over at the Sisterhood.  Our very own Chris Dring has designed two fabulously snarky stamp sets for Stamplorations.  



SOME SNARK                                          HOT MESS


She managed to keep this under lock and key for months, only disclosing it when our very own surprise sets were postal. (Thanks Chris!)  In honor of her wonderful accomplishment we here at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are featuring her sentiments in today's challenge.  We've even named the challenge for her.  

Who knew Chris was a dead ringer for Edna?!  

S is for Sister Chris

For your part we are asking you to use 
your favorite Snark and/or Stamplorations 
products on your cards.



And now for my card....




It was hard to choose which sentiment to use first but in the end I decided upon one that I thought would be perfect for an anniversary card.  To keep it a bit playful I chose to pair it with two cute dancing critters.  

The most difficult part of this very simple card was the masking off of the conga line critters.  (I believe there are five in this stamp.  I chose to use the last two in line.)  I colored them with Copics, added the delightfully snarky sentiment, cut down the panel and matted it with a narrow border of red cardstock.  I adhered this to the bottom right of a stone colored card base and added the tiny stars as embellishments.  

Supplies:
Stamplorations - Some Snark stamp set
Colorado Craft Company - Conga Line stamp set

I encourage you to visit our blog to give Chris and her wonderful sentiments some loving.  We have loads of inspiration for you and if you like what you see,  you can purchase your own sets here.  (Look for them under the "new this month" catagory.)

Thanks so much Chris and Shery from Stamplorations for sharing your creativeness and wonderful products with us!!!  

And thank you so much for spending a bit of your day with me.

Jules

6 comments:

  1. Awesome masking that's a real challenge. Love your card it is a great Anniversary card and the sentiment isn't snarky it's true. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it, I just HAVE to buy Conga line! Looks great with that sentiment. What a clever way to use the image stamp, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing masking and coloring of those cute critters! They look fabulous with that sentiment. Thanks so much for showcasing my stamps so brilliantly!

    P.S. It really is uncanny how similar I look like Edna. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mice are hilarious, Jules! Very clever to use just 2 mice with the 'marriage' sentiment. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he he these are awesome little critters and I love that the second one looks like she is pushing the first one up the aisle!
    I am totally using this stamp for my next anniversary card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masking job and great for wedding or anniversary card

    ReplyDelete