Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Color Hues #36 Guest Designer -- Plus Cards for Ukraine

 

Today's post is special for two reasons:  

Firstly, the card I created for the recent Color Hues Challenge #34 (Red & Black) was chosen as their winning entry, earning me a spot as today's Guest Designer.  The color duo for their newest Challenge #26 is Green & Gold.  

(Again with the metallics! Oy!)


If only I possessed solid photography skills.  *sigh*



Here's a closer look.







 


Secondly, the Color Hues and Seize the Birthday teams are joining forces
 to show our support for the lovely people of Ukraine.  We've all created encouragement cards using their flag colors (blue/yellow) and/or sunflowers 
(their national flower).  You can follow Jennifer McGuire and/or Yana Smakula for 
details on how to best help the citizens of Ukraine.  In the meantime you can show your support on social media using the hashtag #cardsforukraine.







Here is my card:




And now for the how-to:

Color Hues Green and Gold
I began by stamping the vases in Versamark ink followed by heat embossing them with gold embossing powder.  I created a mask for the larger greenery so that once stamped, the middle pot's greenery appears in front of the two side vases.  The plants were then colored with Altenew alcohol markers and colored pencils. I matted the white panel with gold cardstock before popping it up onto a green card base.  I finished it off with a smattering of gold foil pearls and a bit of Wink of Stella over the top of the plants.

Supplies:
Penny Black - Groovy Greenery stamp set
Avery Elle - Simple Sentiments stamp set
Spellbinders - Gold Pearls
Ranger - Princess Gold embossing powder


Cards for Ukraine
I began by die cutting the bird in white cardstock after which I colored it with two shades of blue and two shades of yellow Copic markers.  Because I wanted my background to match I colored white cardstock with the same Copic markers, going both horizontally and vertically.  (It takes awhile and you can see the hatchmarks but I love the added texture it creates.)  I adhered the background in a way that mimicks their flag and then positioned the white die cut flower and bird over top.  I stamped the sentiment in a crisp black pigment ink and added in a smattering of clear crystal embellishments to finish it off.  

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Layered Birdie die
Darice - flower die (really old)
Altenew - Cherished Memories stamp
Trinity Stamps - Crystal Celar embellishment mix


I invite you to join us at the Color Hues blog where we will be accepting cards using both color combinations.  We'd love for you to share your cards with us!  

Keep Ukraine in your hearts and thank you so much for spending a bit of your day with me.

Jules











7 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards, Julie! Congrats on your win!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so delighted to have you as our Guest Designer! Both cards are fabulous! I love the textures you created for the pots on the first card, and the second one has to be a bright spot of anyone's day who sees it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards Jules. Congrats on being the GD on Color Hues. Love your post to show our hearts are with the people of Ukraine. The second card is so pretty. Love the white die cut flower over the blue & yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're delighted to have you as our Guest Designer! Both of your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my houseplants looked as green and vibrant as the ones you've shared! So pretty! Your yellow + blue card is wonderful! Happy that you're our guest designer for this challenge!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two awesome cards, Jules! I was happy to see that great bird again and your little palm and fern plants are super cute too. Happy to have you guesting with us at Color Hues and then also joining us as a member of STB at the same time. That worked out so well. Have a great weekend and be safe traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie I was so excited to see you were our guest designer for this challenge! Both of your cards are fabulous, the botanicals 8n the gold pots are perfect for Color Hues and that bird is so beautiful for your card for the Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete