Thursday, March 3, 2022

Seize the Birthday #233

 

I created a fun birthday card for our latest challenge over at the Seize the Birthday blog.  Can you guess the prompt from my card?


Any guesses?




I know, I know.  You would have expected sharks, right?  And you were soooo close to being correct however I decided to give the rays a bit of the spotlight today.

I began with the background which was created by ink blending overlapping blue Distress Oxide circles onto a white A2 panel.  After allowing it to dry I then stamped the swirlies in Versamark and heat embossed it in white.  I stamped, Copic colored and die cut the rays which I assembled around the black heat embossed sentiment.  I trimmed the panel down, adhered it to a white card base and then added in five clear droplets to finish off the design.

We have some really great under the sea themed cards on our blog.  I invite you to visit and play along!

Supplies:
Avery Elle 0 Celeb-ray-tion stamp set
MFT - Circle stencil
MFT - Abstract Doodles stamp set
Ranger - Distress Oxide inks


Thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

10 comments:

  1. Love this so much! So cute, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the sentiment and the paly on words. That ray stamp is so creative and I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card, Jules! I just love that you have so many unique and playful stamps in your stash! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scribbled background, and the spotted rays look really cute as well! Such a sweet, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background for your spotty rays, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background and perfect sentiment with your fun ocean creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the scribbled doodles just makes me think those "rays" are having a blast swimming around each other, perhaps playing tag? anyway this is a fantastic ocean scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect background for the rays, such a cool card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great card - I love everything about it! The background, the doodle stamp and the rays - all fabulous. I might need to get that ray set - I love them almost as much as I love sharks.

    ReplyDelete