Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Just Us Girls #509


I'm working my way through the challenges.  Today I have a very simple card for the current challenge over at the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog.  The theme is Frame It. 





I happened upon some clearance goodies at Hobby Lobby where I picked up the cute Thank You metal stamp that I used on today's card.  It's actually meant for foiling but I used it in a faux letterpress technique to create my focal image.  





I achieved this look by carefully applying ink to the raised area of the metal shim then running it through my die cutting machine.  Since there aren't any cutting edges the ink is debossed into the card stock.  Here's a closer look....





For my colors I chose ink and card stock from The Stamp Market, this one being Citron.  The border die is from the Scalloped Frames set available only at the Pretty Pink Posh online shop. With such a great focal image there wasn't a need for much more.  I finished it off with some of the citron colored gems from the Unicorn Rhinestone Mix at Honeybee Stamps and called it done.  

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out and may make a complete set in different colors.  I hope you like it as well.  I had a fairly productive crafty day so I hope you'll stop back by this week to see what else I created.  Until then, I'll see you on the crafty side.


Jules


No comments:

Post a Comment