Friday, August 23, 2019

Tag You're It !



If you know me well, you know how much I adore flamingos.  I tend to collect flamingo everything, from jewelry to stamps.

The flamingo backstory....when my now 18 year old daughter entered kindergarten her story on flabingos (her word) was chosen for the very first Author's Breakfast of the year, which essentially meant she got to have breakfast with the principal.  The writing prompt was "What is your favorite animal and why?" Upper grades were to write a story.  For kindergartners it meant drawing a picture of your favorite animal along with a sentence as to why you like them.  Her winning entry was a beautifully drawn and colored flabingo along with the words...


 "Flamingos are my favorite animal because 
they're pink and make lovely noises."  

As you imagine, I displayed that piece of art for a very long, long time.  Now it's safely tucked away in one of my boxes marked Mommy Treasures.  

So what does this have to do with my card blog????  Well as luck with have it, the current challenge prompt at the Tag You're It Challenge Blog is....FLABINGOS.  Well no, actually FLAMINGOS but I still say it my daughter's way.  *wink* 








It was sooooo hard to choose just one flabingo from my stash but after much internal debate, this is what I created....








You might be asking yourself why coral and not pink?  Well on a recent trip to Busch Gardens with my grandson we were delighted to discover that many flabingos are actually orangey-coral in color.  I just happen to have some photographic proof.....





So now you know!   

My tag supplies include products from:

MFT Stamps (the marbled background stamp and the sentiment)
Picket Fence Studios (the flamingo stamp)
Penny Black (the tag die set)



Thank you for stopping by and as always -

See you on the crafty side.....


Jules



2 comments: