Wow! That two weeks flew by quickly!!! I am back today to share my card for our new Color Hues challenge, hosted by Sheri. She has chosen the duo of Purple and Artichoke for us to work with this fortnight. I had a total brain block on this one and ended up with florals for the lack of any unique inspiration. That said, I kinda like this card....purple and all.
The background was created with a layering stencil and four ink colors. For added interest I stamped a text background over top of the florals using white pigment ink. This particular stencil has an accompanying die set which I used to create the popped up cluster. The sentiment is layered four high onto a coordinating shadow. And of course I had to add a smattering of my favorite clear droplets to finish it off.
Supplies:
Altenew - Layered Orchid stencils and dies
Simon Says Stamp - You Matter to Me background stamp
Spellbinders - Handwritten Sentiments die set
Clear droplets
We have Amanda joining us on the blog today. Come visit, check out her card as well as those create by our designers, and play along while you're at it.
Thanks for visiting!
Jules


I love the text over the floral background Jules, and your dimensional cluster of blooms adds to the card so beautifully too! Hard to believe you don't like purple when this card is soooooo pretty my friend...I think the color must be growing on you!! Hugs. :0)
ReplyDeleteThe white text over the stencilling works well for your background Jules. Love these orchid blooms, I still have a plant that my daughter gave to me 3 years ago and after a rocky few months is blooming happily again with more flower spikes on the way! :)
ReplyDeleteThis background is awesome, Jules! I love how you've blended the multiple shades of purple and added the script and die cut flowers! An awesome card, my friend!
ReplyDeleteWell, now you've got purple out of the way for a while lol! You chose a great set to use with it, I will say. The stenciling is really pretty and vibrant, and I love the text over it - I need to remember to do that more often. Beautiful card, Jules!
ReplyDeleteThis is as lovely as can be, Jules! I love that you added the white text too. Who knew you could make purple look so good. 🤣
ReplyDeleteI love your card, purple and all! Bold and beautiful! The white text is a wonderful special touch.
ReplyDeletehugs~carol
Stamping the text over the beautiful purple florals was an inspired move! I love it as well as the pretty floral die cuts in the corner!
ReplyDelete