Thursday, October 24, 2024

Seize the Birthday #294

 

Hello my friends.  Today's card was created using our newest Seize the Birthday Topping, chosen by Vicki.  I knew I hade a feather stamp and die set from waaaaaaaaay back but couldn't for the life of me remember the manufacturer which is how I organize my supplies.  When I say it took me HOURS to locate it, I'm not joking.  But in the end I was triumphant!  Here's my card.



Does anyone else remember this feather set from Mama Elephant?  I think it was my first purchase from them in what seems like eons ago.




I began with the feather, stamping it in a really deep blue.  I chose a coordinating blue cardstock for my panel, blending the edges in ink before embossing.  I die cut the focal tag in white, stamped the sentiment, adhered the feather and then added some stamped ink blotches.  Silver stones were my final touch.  

Supplies:
Mama Elephant - Fair Feathers stamp set
Pretty Pink Posh - Decorative Tags 1 die set
Erin Lee Creative - Art Deco Arches embossing folder
Trinity Stamps - silver stones

So I just did some Googling.  It looks like an eon is actually only eleven years.  Who knew?  

I invite you to join us at our blog and in the gallery.  Our Topping is optional but it must be a birthday card to qualify.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules

2 comments:

  1. That background goes awesomely with the same colored feather! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had beautiful success! I love the cute mat, too, and because I'm a nut for embossing I'm smitten with the background. Happy to be guesting with you for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete