Thursday, June 27, 2024

Seize the Birthday # 286


It's time for another round of Seize the Birthday cards.  Our new prompt, chosen by Cathy, is Add a Star.  I had so many ideas rollling in my head but I decided to revisit an older die set that hasn't seen a lot of love.  



I believe I made a wise choice.





This is an older set from Spellbinders.  I die cut the elements from white cardstock and reached for my dye inks for coloring this time around.  I used a very small blending brush to create the different colors of rings on the planet and flume.  (Several companies make this skinny brush blenders now.  I believe mine are from Altenew.)

I used a grey panel as my background and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white before adding the white stars.  (I covered the sentiment with a scrap of paper before flicking the watered down white acrylic paint.)  I adhered the die cuts and added a few clear droplets.  I think this will be a fun card for young and old alike.

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Spaced Out die set
Lawn Fawn - Beam Me Up stamp set
clear droplets

I invite you to visit our blog where we have Julia and Chris featured as our Surprise Party Guests.  We'd love for you to play along.  Just remember, stars are optional.  Birthday cards are not.  

Thanks so much for visiting!

Jules

6 comments:

  1. What a great outer space design Jules - a wonderful black background for your colorful space ship and planets! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design Jules! That font is to die for and what a clever way to add the star as the booster on the rocket! Such fun colours too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, this card is awesome, and the color blending is what makes it so. Another reason that we need to shop our stash and make amazing card with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this and my favorite part is the rainbow flume! Well done my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card! It screams little boy to me :)

    ReplyDelete