Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Color Hues #86


When it's the first of the month you can bet we have a new color challenge for you over at the Color Hues challenge blog.  This fornight Julie Beech is our hostess and she's chosen the duo of Lilac and Lime.  You all know my distain for purples but with a suggestion from my daughter I actually made a purple card that I love.  

 

Knowing her mama as she does, she suggested making a margarita with lilac adornments and that's all I needed to hear.  (For the record, tequila is the one spirit I will not drink however I've found that many bars/restaurants are happy to substitute vodka in their specialty beverages.  You're Welcome.)  



I began with the cocktail and garnishes, cutting them from white cardstock and coloring them with Distress Oxides.  And what's a cocktail without a similarly colored braceleted wrist?  For the background I masked off an oval and ink blended the perimeter.  I stamped the sentiment in crisp black pigment ink and then ran the panel through my die cutter to create the embossed lines.  I adhered the images and added a few clear droplets to finish it off.  

Supplies:
MFT - How to Say Cheers stamp set
MFT - Longstem Barware die set
MFT - In Good Hands die set
MFT - Garnish die set
MFT - Drink Decor die set
Papertrey Ink - cover plate

I invite you to visit our blog for more colorful inspiration.  We would love for you to join us in the gallery!  

Thanks so much for visiting!  Your time is much appreciated.

Jules

8 comments:

  1. You always bring a smile to my face when I read your posts! Your card turned out perfect and kudos to your daughter for bringing you on the edge of the Violet side. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have colours that are not our faves but your daughter had a brilliant idea to focus on the lime with just a splash of lilac! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A totally fun card, Jules and I love it! Your focus on lime with a touch of lilac makes it festive, which is perfect for a margarita! And, for the record, I could never replace tequila in a margarita lol! And give me salt too! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post, and I do share your disdain for purple! Any shade... You've made a terrific card and the lime inked background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an original way to use the colours and I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, FUN card Julie...love it! Your drink looks fabulous and I'm loving the little umbrella and arm/hand you added too! Yes, let's definitely drink to happy thoughts!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You create such fun cards! I love the embossed background, and all the little details (the beautifully decorated cuff and bracelet, the garnish on the cocktail . . .) add to the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies for being late to the commenting party; I need someone to organize me!
    Your margarita card is all-around fun - and a great way to transform a colour you don't particularly like into a card that you love. The cuff bracelet is a fabulous special touch. Yes, let's drink to happy thoughts (my drink of choice would be red wine or coffee...my top 2 beverages).
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete