Thursday, February 1, 2024

Color Hues #80


It is time once again for another color combination for the Color Hues challenge.  February seems like a great month for Pink and Red, don't you think?  Thanks Sheri!  

That said, I bucked the trend once again and used some Christmas items that perhaps could lean Valentine's Day.  What do you think?




And before we go any further can we just sit and admire the new challenge logos created by our fearless leader, Nancy?  I adore all of the new graphics!




While I had out the supplies I created a second card.  Yay for Bonus Cards!


I used the same embossing folder for both backgrounds but you can see what a difference the color makes. For my first card I die cut and assembled two candy canes and then arranged them into a heart.  I did stamp the sentiment before embossing.  On my second card I used a trio of red/pink lollipops as the main focus.  I think both cards could be used in for a variety of occasions.  

Supplies:
MFT Sweet Stick Holiday die set
MFT Sweetest Holiday Wishes stamp set
MFT - Simply Love You die set
Simon Says Stamp - Kaleidoscope embossing folder

I invite you to visit the Color Hues blog for more inspiration.  Thanks so much for your continued support of my personal and design team blogs.  I appreciate your time so much.  

Jules

Edited to add:  My friends at the Just Us Girls challenge are also running a Red and Pink challenge so I'm adding my card there.  If you join us at Color Hues soon, be sure to add your link there too.



10 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!!!!! The clean white background and the candy in bright red are fabulous and the sentiment sounds like you...I want it now! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab ways to use the new duo Jules. Love the dramatic contrast on the second but also the paired back CAS elegance of the 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, card two is just as sweet as card one! I think the dark background really made card this one come to life. Thanks for showing that CAS cards can be so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE both of them Jules...I mean, what's not to love about candy! Your candy canes made into a heart is perfect for Valentine's Day and your lollipops are just as cute as can be...and both could work for any celebration! Loving those embossed backgrounds too! Sweet, sweet cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your candy cane heart is brilliant and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect! Both cards are fabulous, Jules, and it's a fun contrast between the two different backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cards, Jules! They both look great and I agree, they can be used for other occasions. The embossed texture and candy cane heart are a wonderful pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas products definitely lean into Valentine's in ways most fabulous! Love the candy cane heart and how cute are the lollipops. A delightful duo indeed!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules both of these cards are just fabulous! The candy canes made into a heart are perfect. How did you think to do that, I would love a visit inside your creative mind! The candy on the black background is a definite Wow for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever to make a heart from candy canes, Julie, and the sentiment is perfect with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow--so creative and fun! Love both of your cards, but especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete