Monday, January 1, 2024

Color Hues #78

 

Happy 2024 to all of my crafty (and not so crafty) friends!  I hope the holidays treated you all well.  I am composing this ahead of time and if everything worked out according to plan, I am in North Carolina right now enjoying my son and his family's company along with some delicious colder weather.

We are starting off the new year with a very blue color challenge over at the Color Hues challenge blog.  We are looking for hues of Light Blue and Navy.  This color combo is perfect for wintery cards but I went with something a bit more summery.







I began by die cutting an anchor in light blue design paper, stacking it with heavy weight cardstock.  I die cut the net in kraft, using only a corner of it for my design.  The white panel was embossed with a folder.  The sentiment was stamped in navy and twine was used to wrap the anchor.  After assembling the card front onto a navy card base a white gel pen was used to create some faux stitching along with border.  The addition of some clear gems finished it off.

Supplies:
Ellen Hutson - Stay Salty stamp set
Simply Graphic - anchor die
Amy Design - Maritime Fishing Net die
Stampin Up - Painted Texture embossing folder
twine and gems

I invite you all to visit our blog for more inspiration using only Light Blue/Navy/Neutrals.  We hope that you will join in on our challenges for a chance to guest design with us in the future.  Cheers to 2024!

Jules

7 comments:

  1. You and me both Jules, this is decidedly not a chilly card! Enjoy time with your family and a Happy New Year to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie your card is perfectly nautical! I love how you are inspired by your environment and I wish I was down south with you! The detail is fantastic. Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your family time in NC, Jules. It's pretty chilly here right now. Love your nautical take on our challenge! The net is a great die and the sentiment is so fun. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your summery take on this color challenge! That embossing folder provides so much texture. Enjoy your time in NC! We're in Wisconsin visiting our daughter and her family--and grateful not to have had much snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the direction you took for our Hues this time, Jules! Just a perfect CAS card! Enjoy your trip! We will chat when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you went with a summery theme for your card Jules as it's finally quite cold here in the great lakes area and I'd much rather be where you are! (or at least where your sweet card takes us!) Hope you're enjoying wonderful family time and a very Happy New Year to you!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you chose to make a summery card, Jules and it is fabulous, including that sentiment! Happy New Year and I hope you're have the most wonderful visit with your son and his family!

    ReplyDelete