Monday, December 4, 2023

Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - December 2023

 

Happy December crafty friends!!!  Today I'm sharing my card for the Happy Little Stampers monthly Christmas challenge however before we get into my process I have a bit of sad news.  Our fearless leader Kylie has decided to close down all HLS challenges for the immediate future therefore December is the final date for all Happy Little Stampers challenges.  I cannot even begin to fathom how she's managed all of these for so many years.  Thanks for everything you do Kylie!

On to my card.  Our final prompt is Festive Animals which immediately had me searching for my stash of SSS storybook dies.  I love the black and white of pandas so it was an easy decision.






The panda was die cut in white and then blended with inks to achieve the colors.  In retrospect I should have chosen colored cardstocks because you can see how the red ink bled into the white stickles on his hat.  The background was pierced with panel die and adhered to a red card base.  The assembled panda was adhered to the center and set off with a narrow black frame.  White glitter cardstock was used for both the snow at his feet as well as the snowflake.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto a strip of green cardstock.

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Storybook Panda die
Taylored Expressions - Christmas greeting stamp 
Simon Says Stamp - Snowflake die
Honeybee - tiny star confetti
MFT - Basic Stitched Lines die

We'll miss you Kylie!  I do think she's been on the hunt for someone to take over the challenges.  Let me know if you're interested.

I invite you to visit our blog for more holiday inspiration.  Prompts are always optional but remember that only holiday cards qualify.  We would love to see your card in our gallery.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

2 comments:

  1. It's always sad to see a challenge shut down. Hopefully someone will step in. CUTE card, Julie! He's such a happy little fella!

    ReplyDelete