Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Christmas Kickstarter #80 - Guest DT

 

Many thanks to Jo Avery over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge blog for inviting the Sisterhood to play along with her this month.  When you see her challenge prompt below, my card may make a bit more sense.




Unless of course, you're not a Star Trek fan.  *She says gasping because Sistah Jules has been a loyal TOS Trekkie since the early 1970s*



For clarification, Jo is looking for non-traditional Christmas elements or colors however I couldn't help but JUMP at the chance to create my very own Star Fleet uniform.  And naturally, I'm Captain Kirk.  (No Red Shirts for me, thank you very much. *wink*)

I had a shirt/vest/sweater die that I knew would work so I cut a shirt from yellow cardstock.  The Star Fleet emblem was hand designed and cut.  I added the shirt to an ink blended galaxy background (complete with splatters) and die cut the lettering from red cardstock.  The Merry is one die.  The Trekmas was created with individual alpha dies.  

Supplies:
Marianne Designs - COL 1434 (shirt die set)
Altenew - Simple Alpha dies
Ellen Hutson - Merry & Bright die set
Ranger - Distress Oxides

I invite you to play along with her month long challenge.  Personally I'd love to see your Star Trek themed cards however any out of the ordinary holiday card will work.  

Thanks so much for spending a bit of time with me!

Jules


4 comments:

  1. This just has to be one of my most favourite cards in the history of the universe! Thanks for guesting, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you rocked this out of the atmosphere with a Star Trek themed Christmas card!!!! Soooooo awesome! I also now have the Star Trekking across the universe song in my head on repeat, so thanks for that!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! HA! HA!!! Such a great card! I'm not a trecky, but I do love the movies!
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, this card is the bomb! Perfect for any Trekkie (or Trekker, as some would have it). Love your Kirk shirt, how about a Spock one next :)

    ReplyDelete