Sunday, October 8, 2023

Just Us Girls #700

 

Today's card was made with my grandson in mind.  He has become obsessed with fishing.  So much so that I've started referring to him as Opie which of course meant I had to show him the beginning of The Andy Griffith Show in order for him to understand my reference.  :-)  As an aside, I've also had to show him clips from Different Strokes (Whatchutalkinbout Willis?) and we've watched The Sandlot for "You're Killing Me Smalls."  Yes, I reference shows and movies A LOT.  ha!

My friends over at the Just Us Girls challenge blog have a new color challenge in celebration of their 700th challenge.  I opted to create my fishing card using their colors.







I had fun mixing and matching the colors when assembling the lures.  I opted for a trio adhered to a textured background and my favorite fishing net die cut.  I stamped the sentiment and used a plank die to create the banner.  I think this is so fun and I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of my two "new to me" sets.

Supplies:
Honeybee Stamps - Lovely Layer Lures dies
Pink and Main - Gone Fishing stamp set
Altenew - Masonry Wall 3D embossing folder
The Greetery - Shiplap Builder die set
Amy Design - Maritime Fishing Net die

Thanks so much for visiting!!!  I appreciate your time and comments.

Jules


4 comments:

  1. GREAT way to use our colors! The textures from that fab net and the background are the perfect backdrop for these colorful die cut lures!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for our celebration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of the colors with this fun card! Thanks for sharing at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this set to use for my husband's grandsons and have yet to take it out of the package. The lure work well in our colors and I love the net die, Julie. I also love the way you used the shiplap die for the sentiment. I need to remember that. Thanks for joining us for our birthday celebration at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card, Jules. I know Finn will love it. I love your creativity with our colors. Be safe and have a great time! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete