Thursday, August 10, 2023

Seize the Birthday #267

 

JoAnn is our hostess over at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog this fortnight.  She is challenging us to Create a Shaped Card.  I opted for an interactive card in the shape of a gift bag.  (I hope it qualifies as a shape.)




Complete with a slot for cash or a gift card.  




I am trying very hard to go back through my supply stash and use sets that are collecting dust.  This one actually qualifies as a NBUS so I'll be linking it to Darnell's challenge as well.  It's rather embarrasing because the set is from the April 2019 Large Die of the Month club from Spellbinders.  It only took me four years to open the package.  ugh.




I die cut the kit elements and assembled them as per the package instructions. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold and added a wisp of white florals and gold gems as decoration.  As you can see from the second photo, you can pull the fringe out to reveal a spot for a gift card or, in my case, my dear friend Benjamin Franklin.   

Supplies:
Spellbinders - Large Die of the Month kit April 2019
Spellbinders - Stylish Oval Birthday Wishes stamp set
Spellbinders - Floral Oval die set

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration from our Surprise Party Guest Izzy as well as our Design Team.  And as always, thanks so much for visiting me on my blog.

Jules













12 comments:

  1. This is so fun and I love that yellow it’s really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to give money or a gift card, Jules! Love the pull-up fringe element.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules, you always come up with such clever and unique ideas! This is a fabulous card and one that will be well received especially with your "dear friend" BF inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, can you introduce me to your dear friend, Benjamin Franklin? He looks perfect in your beautiful and very unique gift bag card! The front design and bag details are fantastic! I'm pretty sure there are lots of us with virginal products dating waaaaaay back! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny Jules it only took you 4 years I bet I have you beat in that department. There are so many different shapes that we can use and I was inspired by a lot of the entries in this challenge. I love your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules,4 years is quite a long time. LOL I am sure if I looked closely through my stash I would be right there with you. As for your gift bag, it's super cute! I love the white florals and all the fringe! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules,love your bright yellow gift bag. It is so Springy looking and I would love to receive that bag. Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your adorable gift bag card Jules. So bright & cheery. A great design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute gift bag style card, and I too have some unopened goodies from many moons ago!! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very unique - and I love the idea as well. Great way to have a card and maybe even include gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I'm not the only one who has things from that long ago that they haven't used. This is super clever and fun! The white flowers are so striking on the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just brilliant ! Love this idea so much and it looks so beautiful. Who doesn't have NBUS products in this community ?!

    ReplyDelete