Thursday, March 16, 2023

Color Hues #60


My teammate Marcia has chosen the wonderfully fun color combination of Blue and Turquoise for our newest Color Hues challenge.  Check it out!



I can't seem to get enough of these awesome 3D embossing folders.  






I used shades of blue and turquoise alcohol inks to create a marbled effect on Yupo paper which I then die cut to create the main lettering.  I embossed a white panel of cardstock which I layered over a white card base, added the large alphas, a heat embossed subsentiment and lots of blue/turquoise colored pearl gems.  And I have lots of that awesome alcohol ink background for a future project.

Supplies:
Hello Die - if you know the manufacturer please leave me a comment below.  Thanks!
Clearly Besotted - Tiny Type sentiment stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Layered Vine embossing folder
Ranger - alcohol inks

I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see lots of Blue and Turquoise inspiration from our DT as well as our special guests.  I do hope to see your card in our gallery!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

9 comments:

  1. Your alcohol inking is just gorgeous! I've not had great luck with it, but you're inspiring me to try again. Like you, I love that beautiful embossing folder, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come by to get the scoop on this embossing, Jules! SO pretty - think I need another?
    Love your ocean-esque HELLO!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the alcohol inked letters are stunning! The EF is gorgeous too, you've highlighted it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that EF too, I keep looking out for some but they are always out of stock when I try to buy. The die cut hello from the yupo is very pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way your colorful letters pop of the pretty embossed background! Wonderful card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an AWESOME card Jules!! It would work great for a guy or gal, and since I struggle with guy cards, I'm always on the lookout for great ideas!! LOVE the way you used my challenge colors too with the alcohol ink...they totally stand out against that beautifully embossed white background! FANTASTIC card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect use of what I can tell was a gorgeous inked background. Love the Embossed background as well. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, Jules, your alcohol inking is fabulous and what a great idea to use it for the alpha letters! Looks great on the beautiful embossed background - I have that folder and you've definitely inspired me to pull it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echoing the others: your ink-blended hello is so eye-catching...and extra pretty paired with the embossed background. Wild guest here but your die might be from Pinkfresh studio. I have one that looks remarkable similar - and with it, a few little flowers/leaves. I also have a Smile one of the same style. Maybe I should use them...LOL!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete