Friday, November 18, 2022

Color Hues #53

 

Hello Friends!  I am popping in today to share a card I created with the current Color Hues challenge in mind.  With Scarlet and Green as their color duo it was a no brainer to make a Christmas card.  



This was so simple but so fun!  And boy does it ever have a lot of dimension.








See what I mean?  No envie for this one folks!

 

I used a cover plate die to cut the beautiful holly background from green cardstock and then adhered it directly to a white card base.  I die cut the bow from a really, really, really old die set.  To create the beautiful arch to my bow I first spritzed it with some water and then worked it around the base of a Copic marker until it was pliable enough to adhere down.  The bow was adhered to the ribbon with a craft glue dot.  For my final touches I added in some gold foil pearls.  You may notice that I left off a sentiment.  I thought it stood well on it's own and will stamp something on the inside....if it ever leaves my hands.  *wink*

Supplies:
Poppystamp - holly die and stencil set
Dear Lizzy - ribbon and bow die set
Fun Stampers Journey - gold pearls

As I sit here still admiring it I'm thinking that I may just prop it up on my bar and use it as decor. Ha!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

3 comments:

  1. I think that card would make a fabulous decoration and can see why you are considering keeping it. I can't get over how cool that bow is! Awesome job, Jules. Thanks for joining the girls and I at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have been a simple card to make, but it makes a bold statement! Love that big red bow! Thanks for sharing it with us in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie I love that big red bow so much, I would likely want to keep it because it is so pretty and I bet it is the perfect decoration for your bar! Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Hues!!

    ReplyDelete