Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Tic Tac Toe Challenge #179

 

I'm popping in real quick to share the card I created yesterday for the current Tic Tac Toe blog challenge.  See if you can guess the three elements I chose for my card.





Did you guess Fall, Wreath and Stitching?

(Nothing like spending a frustrating 30 minutes hand stitching 
on a card panel only to later cover most of it up.  *sigh*)





I began by die cutting all of the elements from white cardstock, coloring them with Distress Oxide inks and then giving them all a good splatter with gold ink.  I masked off the top of a white panel in order to add some blended color to the bottom.  I used a pierced border die (unknown manufacturer) to add the horizontal holes which I then stitched with gold metallic thread.  The sentiment was stamped with crisp black pigment ink.  It was then just a matter of arranging the colored elements onto the card panel. After adhering the finished panel to a card base I added in a few rose gold jewels.

Supplies:
Cottage Cutz - Build a Grapevine Wreath die set
Spellbinders - Die of the Month Nov 2019 (pumpkin)
Honeybee Stamps - rose gold jewels
Ellen Hutson - You're a Treasure stamp set

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules



 





5 comments:

  1. Such a great Thanksgiving card! The colors you created on your leaves are so authentic to fall! I like your stitching too, and I can appreiate the work it took! Thanks for joining us at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to your card being beautiful with all the fall colors and gold splatter, hand stitching is impressive! So glad you shared with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous autumnal wreath Julie! Love your colouring of the leaves, acorns and pumpkin and the glimpse of gold stitching is perfect and worth all the effort! Thank you for playing with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn card. I love colors and your fall leaves.
    xx

    ReplyDelete