Saturday, August 6, 2022

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Honoring Lindsey

 

These posts aren't getting any easier so I'll get right to it.  I hope you'll join us at the Sisterhood where we are honoring our Snarky Sister Lindsey.  




If you missed my first post about the loss of our dear friend please read it here.  

Lindsey was actually the one who brought me into this lovely fold of strong women who called themselves the Snarky Sisterhood.  We have a lot of laughs and try not to take things too seriously, especially when it comes to our shared hobby.  I gave my card a lot of thought and while it will seem goofy to most, I know she would have loved it.  

She and I shared a love of many things, Star Trek included.  I have loved that show since I was a kid in the early 70s watching reruns after school and still watch it regularly even today.  Here is my card in her honor.








In the words of Spock....   

    I miss you my dear friend.  



My card front in brief ...  I created the Enterprise by hand as I'm sure it shows. *wink*  The background is a blend of Distress Oxides and splatter.  The orange planet is also Distress Oxides covered with a generous amount of Glossy Accents and glitter.  The sentiment is a mix of stamping and alphabet stickers.  The inside sentiment was computer generated.  If you're a Star Trek fan, you'll recognize the quote.

Please join my teammates over at the Sisterhood blog where we are celebrating "L is for Lindsey."  If you were a friend of hers we'd love to see your Lindsey inspired card.  If you didn't know her well (or at all) Lindsey loved the colors purple and red.  She loved flowers, gardening, happy hour beverages, tea, cats, books and of course, Star Trek.  We would be honored if you would share your card in our gallery.


As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me.


Jules 


4 comments:

  1. Not only is writing difficult, reading is equally as hard. Lindsey loved so much it's hard to pick and I think your card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are SOOOOO many things I love about this!
    You created the enterprise from scratch??? Come on now!!!
    This is soooooo very Lindsey, and the piece underneath, the Spock quote - is perfect
    xoxo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I lost it (again) when I read the inside quote. Jules, this is absolutely amazing! You MADE the Enterprise! Lindsey loved Star Trek and I'm positive that she would have been blown away at this wonderful tribute to her. Hugs

    ReplyDelete