Thursday, June 2, 2022

Color Hues #42

 

Today I'm sharing my card for the current Color Hues challenge where the color pairing is Black and Yellow. 

I wasn't very imaginative and totally went with what I think is the obvious. I have several bee stamps and honeycomb dies that haven't received a lot of love lately so it was the logical starting point for my card.  






I began with a honeycomb die and four colors of cardstock (three yellows and a black) which were adhered inlay style onto the top right portion of a white card panel.  The bottom portion was created with a pegboard die using the middle hue of yellow cardstock.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto a black cardstock strip and adhered at the top of the pegboard.  Finally I stamped and colored a single bee and hand drew the flight line.  

Honeybee Stamps 
    Hello stamp 
    Free Bees stamp
    Hexagon Bunches die set
    Bee-You-Tiful stamp set

MFT - Pegboard Cover die


As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

7 comments:

  1. It would BEE the obvious choice for me, too, Julie! but you've pulled out such bee-u-tiful elements to bring that theme home! and I love the pegboard!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave bees a thought, but I don't have anything as wonderful as you do in that category! I love the way you've designed the honeycomb and the pegboard goes with it perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie it was the obvious choice for me too. Your card is lovely! The inlaid honeycomb, the interest with the dotted panel and of course the sweet bee! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie I'm trying this again. Having trouble commenting to you as ME and not anonymous--lol! Julie it was the obvious choice for me too. Your card is lovely! The inlaid honeycomb, the interest with the dotted panel and of course the sweet bee! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card using the colors this time, Jules! Love the mixx of dots and hexagons. They compliment each other perfectly! Always a pleasure having you in the gallery at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bees are a fantastic choice for these colors, Julie! I love all that bright yellow! Love seeing your card in the Color Hues Gallery!

    ReplyDelete