Saturday, April 23, 2022

Color Hues #39

 
I'm back today with another non DT challenge card.  (Yay me!)  This time I'm playing with my friends over at the Color Hues blog.  You all know by now that purple is not a favorite of mine but I dove in feet first.






I stamped the background in a Copic friendly ink and then proceeded to color it in using three shades of purples and two shades of green.  I cut down the panel and matted it with gold cardstock.  The sentiment and shadow are stacked three high for some dimension.  All that was left was some pearl embellishments.  

Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - Interlocking Leaves cling stamp
Simon Says Stamp - Thanks die and shadow
Honeybee Stamps - gold pearl stickers
Tonic Studios - honey gold cardstock 


As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules
 


8 comments:

  1. Love your colored background! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on this color challenge! I love that graphic design and the way you colored it, adding a sprinkling of some pretty pearls! NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great graphic design and so perfect for your fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card, Jules! The variations of tones of colors is just perfect! It has a very artsy vibe! So happy things are a we bit better and you can find a bit of time to create for you! Thanks for playing along with Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I share your avoidance of the color purple, but it's growing on me! Combining it with the greens - they almost look like neutrals - is a fabulous idea! I love the crisp graphic lines and boldness with the colors. Thanks for joining us again at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you, Jules! I love that you got some crafty for-fun challenge play time and I love your design and coloring! I had no idea that you were as talented with both feet as you are with your hands!😄Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that background stamp and the hues of purple and green you picked! Thanks for playing at Color Hues Julie!

    ReplyDelete