Thursday, January 20, 2022

Seize the Birthday #230

 

It's time for another card challenge over at the Seize the Birthday blog where Barbara has chosen Embossing as our next Topping.  I opted to use an embossing folder however heat embossing would also qualify.









I went with a mini slimline card base for something a bit different.  I began by dry embossing a piece of kraft cardstock cut to fit the card base.  I matted it with a narrow border of black cardstock before adhering it to my card.  I die cut and adhered two corner pieces and then stamped my sentiment.  (Yes, I stamped it after the embossing and it worked!)  

Supplies:
Penny Black - Flower Flock die
Memory Box - Signature Greetings stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Crystal Distortion embossing folder

I invite you to visit our blog and play along.  Use of our topping is optional however it must be a birthday card.  

Thank you so much for spending a bit of your day with me.

Jules




11 comments:

  1. This looks so elegant! A great design, even if you did choose dry over heat embossing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your sentiment turned out so perfect over the embossed background! It is an amazing background by the way! And your corner pieces are really pretty in black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely slimline card Jules. The embossed background is lovely and the corner pieces in black look great on it. Sometimes we do luck up with stamping after embossing, it depends on the texture from the embossing, and yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card works for the challenge and it is an easy way to add for dement ion to a card. I love the appealing look and the terrific outcome for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for trying the sentiment after you embossed! It looks perfect as does the entire card! Enjoy your weekend and I hope for nothing new in "Jules World" to transpire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this slimline! Those die cut flowers worked perfectly with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great slimline design, that really narrow black border makes everything pop! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So impressed that you stamped after embossing - you do like to live dangerously! Love the effect of the embossing with the die cuts over the corners. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant looking card and loving the dimension form the embossing x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can you pick a geometric embossing folder and make it look classic and elegant?!? Wow!! I love how your card looks so elegant, Jules. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful and elegant. I also love how you framed the sentiment with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete