Monday, July 1, 2019

June Challenge at Taylored Expressions


If you haven't figure out by now, you soon will.  I am an Equal Opportunity Shopper.  I love all brands and shop at a variety of online stores.  My two most frequented online retailers are Simon Says Stamp and Ellen Hutson.  They are both great places for one stop shopping.  Individual retailers are also a great place to shop, especially when they're having sales.  One such retailer is Taylored Expressions.  I have shopped with them for years but more so recently because of their unique products.  (The Simple Sentiment stamp and die set is one such example.)

Taylor has recently started a monthly challenge on her private FB group.  This month the theme is wedding/anniversary/love.  I squeaked out this card just in time.




I need to apologize up front.  Most of the products I used are older and therefore, discontinued.  I am so sorry but I'm sure there are many products that could be substituted for a similar design.

To create my card I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4" x 5.25" to use as the cover panel.  I taped off the cardstock so that I could add a wide strip of Black Soot Distess Oxide to use as a focal point.  I then cut out the xoxoxo using one of their older dies, being careful to keep those teeny inner portions of the Os for reinsertion.  I die cut a strip of Potty People from gold foil cardstock and then carefully cut it down so I would have the happy couple.  The Happy Anniversary was stamped, heat embossed in gold and then cut from black cardstock using their Simple Sentiment Strip set.  The heart embellishments were also cut using one of their older dies.  It's hard to see but I adhered the panel to a cream card base for the perfect anniversary card.


As you can see in this closeup, I ran the Potty People through my die cutter once again with pink foil cardstock so I could add the hearts onto their chests.

I love this Potty People die and really enjoy stretching it's potential.  For kicks, I'm including a photo of another card I created using this same die.







If you're interested in participating in Taylor's challenges, send a FB request to Fans of Taylored Expressions Facebook page.  Hope to see you there!


Supplies still available at Taylored Expressions - Simple Sentiments Stamp and Die set.  These are a MUST HAVE in my opinion.




Thanks so much!  Stay tuned for what's next in my challenge box.  *wink*


Jules



No comments:

Post a Comment