Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Playing Along with another Library Craft Challenge


Today I have another card inspired by the current Library Craft Challenge .  The selected book this time is To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf.  The idea behind the challenge is to take away what inspires you and create a card.  It can be the colors, the cover, the title or even the novel itself. 



One would think that this long time Florida gal would own a lighthouse stamp and/or die but apparently I do not.  (Shocker, I know!)  I decided to go with the blue and yellow color scheme and keeping it somewhat nautical, came up with this.  






Her's a closer look at the mermaid.  Her tail moves around a bit in the slit created by the die which makes it a fun little interactive card.





Most all of my supplies are from the Taylored Expressions website. An IG post I made recently about their awesome Sentiment Strips stamp & die combo created a lot of buzz for their product and they surprised me by generously gifting me $50 to their storefront as a thank you.  Many of the products used here were part of my shopping spree.  :-) 

(By the way, if you don't have the Simple Sentiments stamp and die set you NEED it.  I have them linked below and use them ALL the time.) 


Today Supply List...

Taylored Expressions Build a Background Stamp/die
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background Stamps
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Die
Taylored Expressions Be A Mermaid Die Set
MFT Radiating Rays Stencil
Assorted Distress Oxide Inks
Misc white embossing powder


Thanks for your interest!

Jules

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! You really need to get that 'follow by email' dealeo working, Julie!! LOOK at you GO!!! I'm so very proud of you, and cannot wait to see your darling cards here on a regular basis!
    I live on the shores of Lake Michigan - guess how many lighthouses we have? Okay, I'd have to guess, too, but let's just say LOTS! and I don't have a lighthouse either!
    Never missed it on your darling card - mermaids are most certainly watched for as much - right? Most certainly a smile maker!
    Congratulations, Julie! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If ya can't be a flamingo, then be a mermaid. :-)

      Delete
  2. How fun that the tail moves! I really love the way you've created the sand, sea and sunshine for a great card. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete