Sunday, April 16, 2023

Color Hues #62

 

Cindy has chosen our next color duo for the Color Hues challenge that begins right now!  Up next....Purple and Green!






You've "heard" me moan a gazzilion times, I am NOT a fan of purple.  In fact, just the opposite is true.  But over the years I've discovered that the magenta side of purple has some appeal so that's the hue I will always choose.  

I began with a group of white die cuts and my "magenta" shades of Copics.  I also opted to go with a more olive tone for my leaves.  (Again...it's a HUE challenge so pick your favs.)  I fanned the florals out in a pleasing arrangement and then adhered them to the top right corner of my panel.  As you can see, I left many of them white for some added layering and interest.  The sentiment is one large stamp so that was super simple to do.  

Supplies:
Cottage Cutz - Season Floral 1 die set
Honeybee Stamps - Thanks a Bunch stamp set

I invite you to join us over at the Color Hues blog where you'll see lots of Purple and Green inspiration from our DT.  I do hope to see your card in our gallery!

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

8 comments:

  1. How can one go wrong with a Pantone color of the Year?? Such a gorgeous shade of purple, Jules!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many pretty purple hues and these blooms are a lovely example. Must admit Copic doesn't really have many options for purples, unlike all the other colours in the spectrum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you and your love of purple when I was working on my card, LOL. Your card is so pretty! What a fun greeting too. Good thing we have Merlot coming down the pike soon and not purple once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so pretty Jules! Just like Julie said lots of hues of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jules, it's perfectly the right idea for you to choose the favorite shade of the colors given. You might be surprised to hear I'm not a fan of purple either. The gorgeous flowers on your very pretty card have changed my mind! I love the white layered die cut elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big and bold from your flowers to your sentiment Jules, and I love everything about it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I love about this challenge is the many hues of a color that can be used! I love your bright and bold choice and your sentiment is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love the shade of red-purple you used to create those pretty blooms, so good for you for finding what suited you! I know a lot of people that don't care for purple, so don't feel alone by any means lol! Love the white die cuts beneath - so much texture!

    ReplyDelete