Thursday, January 26, 2023

Seize the Birthday #254

 

Colleen is our current host over at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog and she's chosen a Topping that's highly appropriate for our challenge theme in general.  Any guesses?  (Hint:  I didn't use any on my card.  ROFL!)




But I did mention them.  *wink*








I think I've only used this stamp once before and sent the card to a dear friend who really got a kick out of this image.  I was so happy to have the perfect opportunity to pull it out once again.  

This was very simple to create.  I stamped, colored (Copics) and fussy cut the image.  After testing out many types of backgrounds in the end I went with a beautiful watercolored panel of design paper (no label so if anyone knows it's maker, please let me know in the comments) on which I did the sentiment and star stamping.  I popped it up on some craft foam and adhered it to a heavy weight white card base.  

Supplies:
Art Impressions - Fire Out stamp set
designer paper - unknown

I invite you to visit our blog for more inspiration.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.  Remember, our toppings are always optional but do remember to make it a birthday card.  

As always, thanks so much for spending a bit of your day with me!

Jules

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, thanks for the giggles! This is such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! The perfect card for so many of my friends. I have quiet a few cards that will need many candles this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally made me laugh! She is ready to light it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious! I love your coloring and great choice of background, Julia. I am so enjoying being Surprise Guest here at STB. Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this just cracked me up, what a fun card. And LOVE it, even without the candles *wink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can always count on you to bring a smile to my face! Great card, Jules! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fun card Jules. That image is perfect for a birthday and your coloring looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules, this is just too funny. Fantastic coloring and card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this image would work for all of my future birthdays! So fun! Love the simple inked background you created for your image! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun image! Love the watercoloured look background, perfect with her, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you do it? Its perfect fit for the challenge, brings a big smile to the face, and its awesome! It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so hilarious - perfect choice for the challenge. Put a huge smile on my face. Great colouring and terrific choice of background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, brilliant!! (I love how you didn’t actually use candles.). And given the advancing years of all my friends (but not me, I stopped at 49, some considerable time ago 🤥), I may need this stamp! 😆

    ReplyDelete